One of my favorite go-to recipes for breakfast with friends and family is quiche. It looks super fancy, but in reality it is one of the easiest recipes and can be thrown together within minutes and then just needs to bake! I kinda stole the recipe from my sister, who found it somewhere years ago, so a huge THANKS to the original person who came up with it! The great thing about this recipe is that is easily adaptable for a variety of ingredients. You don’t like spinach, feta or turkey bacon?? No problem! You can make the basic egg/whipping cream and simple add the mix-in’s that you do like. Cheddar cheese? No problem! Vegetarian? No problem! All meat, all day? No problem!
To get started, you will need a quiche pan. I love mine from Crate and Barrel, it is the perfect size to easily feed 4-6 people. You don’t need to put any kind of butter, or non-stick spray on it, because it is already made with a pretty non-stick surface. Cleaning is super easy, and for only $9.95, you can’t go wrong!
Spinach, Feta and Turkey Bacon Quiche:
Author: 208 SOUTH
Serves: 4-6 people
- 12 Large Eggs
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Cup Spinach Leaves, torn into pieces and stems removed
- 4-6 pieces of of cooked Turkey Bacon, torn into pieces
- 2 Table Spoons of Feta Cheese (more or less to taste)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter or spray your 10.5″ Quiche pan (if you use this one I have from Crate and Barrel you can completely skip this step! It’s amazing!!
- Prepare your mix-in’s. Tear the Spinach leaves into smaller pieces (removing the stems), cook your bacon ahead and tear into smaller pieces.
- Line your Quiche dish with your spinach, turkey bacon pieces and feta cheese.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and whipping cream together and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture over your mix-in’s carefully so that they don’t float away 🙂
- The mixture will come right to the top of you dish, so carefully place in the oven.
- Bake for 60-75 minutes (depending on your oven) I would suggest putting it in for 60 minutes and then watching it for the last few to make sure it it the right consistency.
- The quiche will rise dramatically in the oven, just make sure the center has also risen and then stick a knife in the middle and make sure it comes out clean, and then it is done. Once you take it out of the oven it will start to deflate back to a less dramatic size.
That’s it!! So easy and looks and tastes so amazing! As I mentioned before, you can add just about any kind of breakfast meat, veggie or cheese to adapt to your own taste.